Topsy-turvy World Curriculum Support
Topsy-turvy World is invaluable for school projects focusing on many aspects of Australian history. The book meets all the aims of the Australian National Curriculum’s history agenda and helps students to understand the importance of environmental sustainability.
• early settlement
• European explorers
• changes in Australian habitat
• changes in attitudes to the Australian environment
• the complex effect that European settlement had on Australian native fauna
• local area studies focusing on natural habitats
• the consequences of European contact
• significant events and people that shaped the Australian colonies
• the contribution of early scientists to shaping ideas about the Australian environment.
Click the link to download a comprehensive set of teacher’s notes prepared by Dr Stephanie Owen Reeder.