My ‘must blog about’ list
I don’t have to write a blog post today. I don’t have to because I made no promises to myself about blogging in July. But I can’t help it. There were so many things that I didn’t blog about in June, ideas that flitted through my mind, notes that I scribbled on the back of envelopes or in my diary under the title ‘Must blog about this…’
So here’s the list of things I hope to blog about in July:
1. Working with my ‘Pigeons’ partner, Fred on a story about Iwo Jima
2. Feedback from writing workshops – the good, the bad and the hilarious
3. Vulture’s Gate/Vulture’s Wake in the USA (I know, I know, I keep saying I’ll do this one)
4. Everything Beautiful and Diamond Star Halo – there’s a connection there that I love
5. Enid and the colonisation of the young imagination
6. Writers’ Festivals – MWF, PIAF, SWF – all those acronyms but best of all UBUD!
7. Writing poetry (on request from Penni Russon of Eglantine’s Cake – this one will be hard)
8. What I’m going to wear to the Allen & Unwin 20th Anniversary Bash (Penni again)
9. Studying writing from Wales to RMIT and beyond (Penni was full of ideas)
10. Punch on the Road and our not so secret plans for 2010
11. ‘Working With Children’ police checks – we are all guilty until proven innocent
12. The process of researching a scene from one of my books and an excerpt of the scene
13. Indonesian puppet masters and the puppets guests in our hallway
14. Stories inside objects – occasional posts about STUFF in our house
15. The comfort of Catherine Bateson (why I can’t resist rereading her books)
16. The many lives and launches of India Dark
17. Books, books, books – bought, read, devoured.
So that’s my list for July. No promises but plenty of possibilities, especially when you consider that it doesn’t include all the notions for blog posts that will flit through my mind as I move through a wintery month of reading and writing. Watch this space.